Network Consultancy & IT Support Specialists
On this page we list the steps required to configure your Darq secure email account using the Open Source Mozilla Thunderbird email program. If at any point you get stuck, please call our helpdesk and we'll be happy to help.
1. Open Mozilla Thunderbird and go to the Tools menu
2. Choose Account Settings from the Tools menu
3. Select Add Account button
4. From the three account types, choose Email Account
5. Enter your name and primary email address.
6. Change the radio box from POP to IMAP. Then enter mail.darq.com for incoming and outgoing servers.
7. Your username is always your primary email address. Enter that next to "Incoming User Name".
8. Accept the default account name (your primary email address) and press next.
9. Double check that all the settings look allright, and if they do click Finish. This stage is complete, but we now need to enable some additional security settings.
10. A new account labeled as your email address will appear on the account settings dialog. Under that account choose server settings. To the right, under Security Settings, choose SSL. The IMAP mail server port will change from 143 to 993 in the box above.
11. Back on the left again, beneath your new account, click on Outgoing Server. Then highlight the darq account and choose edit.
12. Under Security & Authentication choose TLS then ok.
13. If you're using more than one email address, click on "Manage Identities".
14. Choose "Add".
15. Enter the details for your additional address.
16. Add other addresses as necessary. Note that these addresses need to be setup on our servers, so please email support if you require additional email aliases.
17. Double click on "Inbox" or click "Get Mail". You'll be prompted for your password.
18. Enter your password. Please note that like most other things, it's Case Sensitive. If there are upper case (capital) letters, they are significant.
19. The warning explains that saving passwords might be a bad idea. If you're worried about this, please contact our helpdesk and we'll help you set up a "Master Password".
20. Click on "Write" and compose a new test email to yourself. When you hit send, enter your password again and choose to save it. You should instantly get see your new message in your inbox. Congratulations!
|Incoming Server Type:||IMAP (SSL port 993)|
|Incoming Server Name:||mail.darq.com|
|Outgoing SMTP server:||mail.darq.com|
|Use outgoing name and password:||yes|
|Use secure smtp connection:||TLS|